- Number of dives: 231
- Number of dives in 2019: 0
- Number of dives in 2011: 14
- Number of dives in 2010: 46
- Number of dives in 2009: 22
- Number of dives in 2008: 55
- Number of dives in 2007: 68
- Number of dives in 2006: 11
- Number of dives in 2005: 10
- Last dive: 05/08/12 [ 231 - 05/08/12 - Little Cumbrae, West ]
- Deepest dive: 53.3m [ 191 - 16/05/10 - Furnace Quarry ]
- Longest dive: 88min [ 126 - 29/08/08 - A-Frames ]
- Coldest dive: 5 degC [ 105 - 22/03/08 - Capernwray ]
- Warmest dive*: 29.2 degC [ 187 - 26/03/10 - Mid Reef, Kapalai ]
- Most popular dive site: Conger Alley with 38 dives
- Total accumulated time underwater: 9477 minutes
This page started as a way of generating the dive stats image at the top of the page, which I use as my signature for diving forums. The image is made by taking some details from the dive log database (bit of PHP and MySQL) and adding a photo from my flickr account from the most recent dive (using phpflickr).
Once I had the image generator up and running I wondered what statistics I could pull out of my database (that is what they're good for after all). * Some of the stats won't be accurate, for example warmest dive should really read: "Warmest dive I was wearing my Citizen Dive Watch which records water temperature and I happened to note the temperature down in my log book". If this page serves no other purpose it will have improved my knowledge of MySQL queries.
If you can think of any more statistics I could pull from my database please let me know via the guestbook.